Thursday, November 20, 2008

We Can Do Anything!

I have been feeling a little down on myself lately. That's why I have skipped a couple of post. Sorry y'all. Needing encouragement as an adult I just don't get it as much as I did as a child. As a parent we do all of the encouraging telling our children they can do everything and be anything. Without taking heed to our own words. Children emulate what they see and I figured if they see me fall and not getting back up then my action will not be their reward. I have been seeing this piece by the AdCouncil. The piece is very good. My take on this is it is telling us as fathers, mothers, grandmothers, parents in general, if we are going to encourage our kids we need to show them how it is done and be committed. For me it changes the outlook on me also. I can't teach my kids if I don't teach myself and learn from my mistakes and practice practice practice until I get it right. Watch the commerical an enjoy its humor as well as its message. Thank you and good night.

5 comments:

everyday mom of one said...

That ad is great.

Come over to my site I have a giveaway that might just cheer you up.

Juanita Harris said...

I remember seeing that on TV. I love that ad.

You know, we all get a little discouraged sometimes. We just have to lift our head up and keep on moving. I do the same thing. I applaud you for wanting to set a good example for your children.

*Tanyetta* said...

This video always makes me smile!!

Ali said...

Love that ad--too cute:)

LaTonya Yvette said...

I love the video