Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Meaning of My Journey!

According to the Free Online Dictionary journey means: A process or course likened to traveling; a passage: the journey of life.

Many of you may not know me. I am a really easy going fun loving mother and wife; but there is more to me than this. I have this burning desire inside of me. It is a desire that takes over me. It controls my thoughts, my heart, my emotions, my time. I know that I am destined to be. Be what I don't know. Be the next person that invents a solution that changes the world, I don't know. Be the next person who achieves some death defying stunt, I don't know. Or possibly be the next person to be the first African American female president (I don't think so I'm not into politics like that) But hopefully you get my point. I am trying so hard to just surrender and let it be. It is so hard to surrender. I am in control of me. My control of me even gets in the way of being a wife sometimes because I don't listen or should I say I don't agree with my hubby all the time. Believe me that frustrates the mess out of him. I have conversations with God, oh I do have faith, but growing up the daughter of a Baptist and a Catholic who decided not to take you to church as a child because of different beliefs kinda makes it hard as an adult to surrender all.

Life's journey for me is the ups and the downs and I have got to get a handle on the downs before it drives me into the nut house. During these downs I know that is God asking me are you ready, are you going to let Me do what I am suppose to do for you. So today I am saying Yes Lord, I have the faith to let You guide my journey of life as long as I can keep what matters to me most my family.











2 comments:

Arlice Nichole said...

That's very beautiful.

PromoMama said...

Thanks Arlice, had to get that off my chest.